Exceptions include those visiting Bookstore, Cafe, and Special Collections Appointments. More info on Blackout Dates for Community Access.
The Claremont Colleges Library will be offering another semester of Map Monday opportunities for online GIS learning and peer connection for Fall 2022.
One Monday a month we will meet up from 2-4pm via Zoom for demonstrations, consultations, and problem-solving. We will also be scheduling some in-person meetups once the semester gets underway — stay tuned!
To get emails to join the weekly Zoom meetups, please register with this form.
These workshops are for ANYONE at the Claremont Colleges who would like to develop their skills with GIS, as well as instructors who wish to learn about incorporating GIS into project-based learning for their courses.
All skill levels welcome!
Participants will want to have an ArcGIS account through the Claremont Colleges (see our GIS guide for more info).
- Get to know ArcGIS Pro – Monday, September 19th
- Getting an Esri organizational account
- How to download and set up the software
- Working in the cloud and managing your data
- New features with ArcGIS Pro 3.0
- Drones and photogrammetry – Monday, October 10th
- Basics of working with drones
- What kind of data can you gather with drones?
- Photogrammetry tools and techniques
- Using drones at Claremont
- Project Demonstrations – Monday, November 14th
- What are you working on? Want to show us?