On May 29, 2018, The Claremont Colleges Library officially launches its dynamic new and user-centered website.
After nearly two years of work, including extensive user-testing from a wide cross-section of The Claremont Colleges’ community, the library’s new site has been completely redesigned. This update gives the site a more professional look—the first major change in over a decade—that is easy to read and navigate on computers, phones, and tablets.
The content has also been heavily revised with one central question in mind: “What is the user trying to accomplish on this page?” The new site seeks to connect users with library resources and services in as quick and easy a way as possible.
As part of the redesign, the website’s URL is changing to library.claremont.edu. This will now accurately reflect the library’s position as the central library for all seven Claremont Colleges. The former URL and any user bookmarks will now be redirected to library.claremont.edu.
Some of the improvements include:
- A dynamic and intuitive search bar, which responds to search queries by suggesting resources in our catalog,research guides, and the website.
- Mobile-friendly design, adapting to any screen size with a reorganized layout that presents information clearly on different devices.
- A new section especially for faculty, containing frequently used resources, such as information on how to schedule an instruction session or place a book on reserve (Course Readings).
- Improved accessibility features, using easy-to-read fonts and adaptive design that exceeds Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements.
- An improved content management system that allows library staff to make quick edits, ensuring that the site is consistently up-to-date.
- Highlighted news and events on the homepage, allowing you to quickly and easily see what’s going on in the library.
“We’re so excited to launch this dynamic and inspiring website,” said Kevin Mulroy, A.J. McFadden Dean of The Claremont Colleges Library. “It will better allow us to provide continuously updated and widely accessible information resources and services to our users, truly demonstrating how well we can support the research, teaching and learning needs of the colleges.”
For more information, please contact Dave Bolinger at firstname.lastname@example.org.