Current Claremont Colleges students, faculty, and staff can now schedule individual appointments to consult materials from Special Collections, the Asian Library, and Pomona College Archives in the Reading Room on Honnold 2.
To make an appointment, visit our Reading Room appointment booking page. Appointments are available beginning on June 14, Mondays and Fridays, and can be booked up to two weeks in advance.
Materials requests must be submitted at least 4 days in advance of scheduled appointments through your Special Collections account. The Claremont Colleges community is encouraged to learn how to request materials or contact Special Collections for guidance.
For the safety of Library staff and The Claremont Colleges community, visitors to the Library are required to follow safety protocols, including wearing a mask at all times and maintaining a social distance of at least 6 feet from others. All reservable Reading Room seats will be sanitized between visits. Visitors will also need to follow the Reading Room policy on handling Special Collections materials.
If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contactless curbside and walk-in pickup for physical Library materials
- Mailing materials to users outside of a 25-mile radius
- Scanning of sections of print-only Library materials, including course readings
- Increased capacity to digitize by request the Library’s Special Collections materials
- Enhanced Tech Lending service to support project-based learning (e.g., mailing technology and extending loan periods)
- Remote research assistance and Library instruction
- Expanded selection of online tutorials and videos