Exceptions include those visiting Bookstore, Cafe, and Special Collections Appointments. More info on Blackout Dates for Community Access.
Learn how to use the basic features of RefWorks to manage your citations
1. From your RefWorks account, click SHARE in the top menu bar.
2. Select EXPORT REFERENCES.
3. Choose to export all references in the document and export in BibTeX format.
- Unfortunately, batch export does not preserve your folder structure, so if you want to preserve your folders from RefWorks, you will need export and import one folder at a time.
4. Click EXPORT and choose to save the file. Your exports will download and will be placed in your downloads folder.
1. Open your new citation manager (in this case, Zotero) and go to File > Import. A dialogue box will come up and ask where you want to import from. Select A FILE (which should be the only option).
2. Select NEXT and you will be brought to your downloads folder. Select the correct document (it will be labeled export.bib) and click OPEN. Follow the dialogue box and your imported citations will be placed in a new folder called “export.” From there, you can rename and manipulate your imported documents any way you like. Folder names do not carry over from RefWorks, so you’ll need to rename your folders once they are in Zotero.