Request Scans from the General Collection
Submit requests of materials in our general collection via Resource Sharing. Select the “Book Chapter” option to submit your request.
A few things to be aware of before you submit a scanning request:
- We will not scan materials if we are able to obtain an e-copy of the text (some exceptions may apply).
- Scans of our Library materials will be done with Optical Character Recognition (OCR), but this may not be true of scans we obtain from other libraries via Interlibrary Loan.
- Scanning requests will only be filled if they meet Fair Use Guidelines under the U.S. copyright law (Title 17, United States Code), or if copyright permission has been obtained.
- We will only scan a limited number of pages. Typically, up to 3 chapters or 10% of a text.
- The turnaround time will vary depending on how many requests we receive and staff capacity.
Request Scans from Special Collections
You can request scans of Special Collections items via your Special Collections Account.
For guidance on how to request scans/digital copies, please visit the Special Collections Access Guide.
Contact us if you have questions: email@example.com