The Library is open for students, staff, and faculty of The Claremont Colleges, as well as community card holders. Masks are required and eating is not permitted. See COVID-19 Services and Updates for more information.
Submit requests of materials in our general collection via Resource Sharing. Select the “Book Chapter” option to submit your request.
A few things to be aware of before you submit a scanning request:
- We will not scan materials if we are able to obtain an e-copy of the text (some exceptions may apply).
- Scans of our Library materials will be done with Optical Character Recognition (OCR), but this may not be true of scans we obtain from other libraries via Interlibrary Loan.
- Scanning requests will only be filled if they meet Fair Use Guidelines under the U.S. copyright law (Title 17, United States Code), or if copyright permission has been obtained.
- We will only scan a limited number of pages. Typically, up to 3 chapters or 10% of a text.
- The turnaround time will vary depending on how many requests we receive and staff capacity.