Curbside Pickup & Mailing
Due to the impact of the Covid-19 Pandemic, while the Library building is closed, we will be offering a new service for TCC students, faculty, and staff to make appointments to pick up an unlimited number of books and other physical items.
- You can choose between walk-in or curbside pickup appointments.
- Face coverings are required
- For walk-in appointments, if at all possible, please come in alone
- There will be up to 180 appointments available each week starting 8/24/20
- Pickup requests can be made via the Book Request form or by using the “Get this Item” button from within Library Search, which will fill in the request form for you.
- When the form prompts you to answer the question “How would you like this item delivered?,” select “I would like to pick-up– Curbside or Walk-In” from the options in the drop-down menu.
- Once the requested books have been pulled you will be notified and provided with a link to make an appointment, at which time you can choose between a walk-in or curbside pickup appointment.
Please note that availability of the Library’s pick-up services are subject to change without notice due to developments in the COVID-19 pandemic.
TCC students, faculty, and staff may borrow any Tech Lending items for up to 28 days using walk-in or curbside pickup service.
TCC students, faculty and staff who live more than 25 miles from Claremont and in the continental United States, may request that some Tech Lending items be mailed to them. Items being mailed have a market value under $600 USD. Some additional restrictions apply.
TCC faculty, staff, and students residing within the continental United States and at least 25 miles away from Claremont, CA, may request that items not available as an e-copy be mailed to them.
Faculty and graduate students may request up to 20 books per semester be mailed to them.
Undergraduate students and staff may request up to 10 books per semester be mailed to them.
We will do our best to fill requests as quickly as possible, but there may be delays depending on demand and on-site staffing capacity.
Please note that our ability to mail items may change without notice due to the evolving events related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Several exceptions apply:
As a general rule, if we own or are able to acquire an e-copy we will not mail a print copy.
- If you have a good reason you need a print version mailed to you please add this to the “Notes or additional information” field of the book request form. We will review these requests on a case by case basis. Our goal is to get everyone the content they need while also managing the costs involved in mailing print materials. Keep in mind that if any of the exceptions listed below apply, we will not be able to mail print books to you.
If you live within 25 miles of Claremont, CA, we will not mail items to you and instead encourage you to use our walk-in or curbside book pickup services.
Additionally we cannot mail outside of the continental United States.
- Print course readings will not be loaned or mailed. If we own a print copy we will keep it on site to make scans (up to 10% or 3 chapters, whichever is greater), if and when requested.
If the title is available in HathiTrust as a digital copy we will not be able to mail or loan the print copy under our terms of service.
The Library is participating in the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service (ETAS), which provides online access to over 50% of our print collection. This service was offered to libraries who had to close due to the Pandemic. In order to continue our participation, and in adherence to the Copyright law, we have committed to not loan any print titles that are made available via HathiTrust’s ETAS. Since all of The Claremont Colleges are holding online-only classes in the fall, the Library’s continued participation in this service will ensure wider access to materials than we could offer via mailing/pickup services for print versions.